Friday 22 April 2011

Shoes, glorious shoes!

Current Book:Imitation in Death
Current Baking:Planned pumpkin tarts for easter brunch

So, today I dragged my friend K shoe shopping. As neither of us have a lot of money for said shoes, and payless has been extremely disappointing lately when it comes to stylish yet affordable shoes, we headed for the mecca of consumerism. The place that swallows all other places. No, sadly, not West Edmonton Mall. We went to Wal-Mart.

I have a friend or five who refuse to shop at this temple of less expensive goods, citing the poor working conditions of employees, poor working conditions for the people who manufacture their items, poor quality items, etc. I however feel that if it saves me money that I need, I will embrace it since it isn't going anywhere.

The Walmart shoe department has more shoes in my size then Payless. It has many beautiful pairs that are crying for someone to come and love them. It also has some butt ugly pairs that only a blind, three toed elephant could love. I found about five pairs that should be mine, but I narrowed it down to three.
I now possess a pair of casual tan and red leather slides, a pair of black strappy sandals with a two inch wedge heel, and a pair of brown strappy sandals with a one inch wide heel. They are wonderful and mine.

Of course, this also means I need to throw out all the shoes I don't wear or have worn out. The point was to purchase three multipurpose pairs of summer shoes in order to make more room in the closet. The time has come to part with the much loved but worn out sandals of last year (and the last five years, come to think of it) as I realized the last shoes I bought were for my wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment