Sunday 14 August 2011

Mama Guilt, 2.0

Current Book: Dolphins of Pern Current Baking:Peanut Butter cookies and Apple Strusel Muffins\

  I spent a good part of today trying to just embrace the time I get with Sprog. He's so full of energy and life, and everything is just sooooo interesting to him it makes it fun (and frustrating!) to watch.
Tomorrow, he starts at my friend's fabulous new dayhome, and I know he'll love it there. What I'm having a problem with is the 11 hours a day he'll be spending away from me. I'll have just enough time to bring him home, feed him, and put him to bed during the week.

My question is, at what point does a caregiver become just as vital to a child as their parent? When does mommy take a back seat to babysitter? I know I'm being paranoid. I know I don't have much of an option right now, as I HAVE to work and Sprog needs some time with other kids. I just feel as though my small one isn't going to be mama's little guy anymore.

I packed his lunch, I'll get him ready tomorrow morning, and I'll send him off with his daddy (who drops him off) with a snuggle and a smile. I just hope the first day of school isn't as hard as the first day of dayhome!

No comments:

Post a Comment